Hopefully, many of you may have used the Naviance, Family Connection website, which is an incredible post-secondary planning and self-exploration tool. This web-based service is designed especially for students and parents, and can be used to help in making decisions about colleges and careers. Family Connection is linked with College Planner, a service that we use in the counseling office to track and analyze data about New Vista students' college and career plans.
Naviance is an essential tool for seniors because it is used to apply to colleges, send transcripts and letters of recommendation, and search for scholarships.
A few examples of the many things Naviance and Family Connection will allow you and your student to do are:
* Start thinking about life after high school and keep track of interests, goals, and plans
* Make meaningful connections between high school and the future
* Build a resume, set goals, and manage time lines and deadlines
* Research careers and colleges
* Compare GPA, standardized test scores, and other statistics to actual historical data from our school and district for students who have applied and been admitted in the past
* Find out which colleges are visiting our school and sign up to attend those sessions
* Search and apply for scholarships
We hope you find Naviance to be a great tool to help your student plan for the future.