New Vista High School Counseling Department hosts many presentations and workshops to help support students and families as they navigate through high school. In addition to the events below, the Counselors also meet with students during the day to assist in planning high school curriculum and post-secondary options.
The Counseling Department has several events and workshops planned for the 2020-21 school year. Many public gatherings are still TBD at this time. Please check with the school before you come to be sure the events we have scheduled are permitted to proceed as planned.
- Sept. 15: Paying for College Night and FAFSA Night for Seniors, 6:00 pm in the Study Center.
- Sept. 23: SAT for Seniors TENTATIVE DATE
- Sept. 29: College Planning Night for Juniors, at 6:00 pm in the Study Center
- Sept. 30: Senior College Planning Night, 6:00 pm in the Study Center
- October 5 through October 9: College Visits Week. In conjunction with the Out of State College Fair, many college reps will be in town and be visiting New Vista this week. Please check Naviance for exact dates and times.
- October 8: Mini College Fair, 11:05-12:05 in the Study Center.
- October 28: PSAT for Juniors, Wednesday, TENTATIVE DATE
- Feb. 26: Little-Known Secrets of Paying for College. For 9-11 grade students and their parents. Learn how to send your kids to college without going broke.
- March 16: Freshman and Sophomore College Planning Night, 6:00 pm in the Study Center.
- April 29: New Student and Parent Welcome Night, 6:00 pm in the Study Center.
A calendar is available providing a listing of all the colleges who are visiting New Vista. Click HERE for more details.
SCHOOL AND SOCIAL EVENTS
Please view the New Vista Calendar on our homepage for events like Back-to-School Night, Comida Latina, LPAC, Exhibition Days and more.