New Vista High School Counseling Department hosts many presentations and workshops to help support students and families as they navigate through high school. In addition to the events below, the Counselors also meet with students during the day to assist in planning high school curriculum and post-secondary options.
The Counseling Department has several events and workshops planned for the 2020-21 school year. Many public gatherings are still TBD at this time. Please check with the school before you come to be sure the events we have scheduled are permitted to proceed as planned.
- Sept. 16: Senior College Planning Night, 6:00 pm VIRTUAL
- Sept. 22: Paying for College Night: A Special Event for Seniors and Parents, 6:00 pm. Join New Vista counselor, Diane Jensen, to gain a greater understanding of how to pay for college. Topics will include financial aid, the FAFSA, the CSS Profile, tips for saving money, scholarship searching, and more.
Please RSVP HERE
September 28-30: Virtual College Fair: will include a night of "panels" and two nights of "fairs.” Go to http://collegefairsdenver.org/
to see the full agenda and to register.
- Oct. 6: College Planning Night for Juniors, at 6:00 pm VIRTUAL event, link on our calendar.
- October 14: Take the SAT at New Vista
- October 14: Take the PSAT for Juniors at New Vista
- Feb. 26: Little-Known Secrets of Paying for College. For 9-11 grade students and their parents. Learn how to send your kids to college without going broke.
- March 18: Freshman and Sophomore College Planning Night, 6:00 pm in the Study Center.
- April 29: New Student and Parent Welcome Night, 6:00 pm in the Study Center.
A calendar is available providing a listing of all the colleges who are visiting New Vista. Click HERE for more details.
SCHOOL AND SOCIAL EVENTS
Please view the New Vista Calendar on our homepage for events like Back-to-School Night, Comida Latina, LPAC, Exhibition Days and more.